2015年2月1日 星期日

句型重點解析 UNIT 5.1


1. No other + A + be + as Adj as + B
說明1. 此句型用形容詞原級來表示最高級涵義,特別注意no other之後的名詞為單數。
2. 此句型也可用形容詞比較級來替換,改寫成“No other + A + be + Adj-er/more Adj + than + B”。
例句
1. In Brazil, no other gesture is as offensive as the OK sign. (在巴西,沒有其他手勢比OK手勢更得罪人。)
→ In Brazil, no other gesture is more offensive than the OK sign.
2. No other stone is as hard as diamond. (沒有其他石頭比鑽石更堅硬。)
→ No other stone is harder than diamond.
3. No other dessert is as tasty as the apple pie that my mom makes.
→ No other dessert is tastier than the apple pie that my mom makes.
(沒有其他甜點比我媽媽做的蘋果派更美味。)

2. N + that-clause (同位語)
說明that引導名詞子句當同位語,用來說明前面的名詞。常被修飾的名詞有fact、wish、idea、news、doubt、feeling、thought、opinion、information、suggestion等。
例句
1. David wants to give the Brazilian reassurance that everything is fine.
(David
想要讓那位巴西人放心一切都很好。)
2. We were excited about the news that our school team had won the game.
(
我們對校隊贏得比賽的消息感到很興奮。)
3. The employee had no idea that he had made a huge mistake. (這名雇員不知道自己犯了大錯。)

3. S + Vt + O + by + N/V-ing....
說明此句型為S + Vt + O的衍生用法,於受詞後加上介系詞by引導之介系詞片語,表示「藉由……,透過……」。
例句
1. David flashes the OK sign to the man by making his thumb and index finger into a circle and spreading his other three fingers out.(David藉由將拇指與食指圍成圓圈並張開其他三根手指對那名男子比OK手勢。)
2. You can make a hotel reservation by phone. (你可以透過電話訂房。)
3. A dog expresses its happiness by wagging its tail. (小狗用搖尾巴來表達快樂。)

4. seldom/rarely/little/never... + Aux/Be + S....
說明含有否定意味的副詞放句首時,句子須倒裝,也就是將助動詞或be動詞置於主詞前。其他否定副詞有hardly (幾乎不)、scarcely (幾乎不)、not until (直到……才)、no sooner (一……就) 等。
例句
1. Little did the tourist know how much trouble this small gesture could cause him.
(
這名旅客幾乎不知道這小小的手勢會為他帶來多大麻煩。)
2. Seldom is my father angry at me. (我爸爸很少對我生氣。)
3. No sooner had I reached the bus stop than the bus left. (我才到公車站,公車就開走了。)

5. sth + be used + to V/for N
說明1. 此句型為被動語態,表示「被用來……」。
2. 易混淆的句型為“sb + be used to + N/V-ing”,表示「習慣……」。
例句
1. The thumbs-up signal was in truth used by the emperor to give the order for someone to be executed.
(
豎起大姆指的信號其實是被皇帝用來下令處決的。)
2. These animals are used for scientific experiments. (這些動物被用來做科學實驗。)
3. My parents are used to taking a walk after dinner. (我的父母習慣在晚餐後散步。)
實力評量
I. 選擇題:依據下列各題句意,選出一個最符合語法的答案。
( ) 1. No other rumor is ________ the one Gary told me.
(A) more ridiculous as         (B) more ridiculous to    (C) as ridiculous as          (D) as ridiculous than
( ) 2. My English teacher gave me a suggestion ________ I should write more articles to improve my writing skills.
(A) which               (B) that                      (C) what                    (D) who
( ) 3. Microscopes (顯微鏡) are used ________ very tiny things.
(A) for observe       (B)
for observation    (C) to observe           (D) to observing
( ) 4. Never ________ out with a rude person like you.
(A)
I go                  (B) I will go              (C) will go I              (D) will I go
( ) 5. I keep in touch with my friend studying in the U.S. ________ e-mail.
(A)
for                    (B) by                        (C) in                         (D) to
( ) 6. These gloves are used ________ protection.
(A)
to                      (B) for                       (C) of                        (D) by
( ) 7. No other building is ________ Taipei 101 in Taiwan.
(A)
as tall as           (B) as tall than           (C) taller as                (D) taller to
( ) 8. You can get good grades ________ hard.
(A) to study            (B) to studying
          (C) by study              (D) by studying
( ) 9. Not until yesterday ________ the report.
(A) I did finish       (B) did I finish          (C) I finished            (D) finished I
( ) 10. Julia makes a wish ________ she can travel around the world some day.
(A) that                 (B) which                  (C) what                    (D) whose

II. 改錯:挑出語法有誤的選項,並加以改正。
( ) ____________ 1. Mark has an idea which he can take his mother out for dinner on her birthday.
                                                                   (A)        (B)                                (C)      (D)
( ) ____________ 2. This sign is used to warning people about the danger of drunk driving.
                                                        (A)          (B)                    (C)               (D)
( ) ____________ 3. No other university is as good than this one.
                                                          (A)  (B)   (C)  (D)
( ) ____________ 4. Angela tries to keep fit by do regular exercise.
                                                    (A)      (B)  (C)        (D)
( ) ____________ 5. Never I have seen such a beautiful place before.
                                                  (A)  (B)  (C)               (D)

III. 引導式翻譯:每格限填一字。
1. 每個人都可以藉由回收廢棄物來保護環境。
Everyone can protect the environment ________________ ________________ waste.
2. 許多人有這樣的想法,認為聽音樂有助於放鬆。
Many people have the ________________ ________________ listening to music would help relax.
3. 為了準備考試,昨晚我幾乎沒睡。
Hardly ________________ ________________ ________________ last night to prepare for the exam.
4. 有些香料被用來增加菜餚的味道。
Some spices are ________________ ________________ ________________ flavor to dishes.
5. 這家醫院裡沒有其他護士比Claire更有耐心。
________________ ________________ nurse in the hospital ________________ ________________ Claire.


沒有留言:

張貼留言